Hosokawa Micron Ltd was formed in 1989 by the amalgamation of Alpine Process Technology and Hosokawa Mikropul and joined by LE Stott to become a specialist in the development, manufacture and installation of machines and systems for powder and particle processing, hygienic filling and weighing, containment and nanotechnologies.
Hosokawa Micron Ltd is a member of the worldwide Hosokawa Micron Group founded in Osaka in 1916. Today, it is a world leader in providing process solutions in the fields of powder and particle processing technology and blown film technology. Hosokawa Micron Group maintains facilities for research, engineering, manufacturing and service throughout Asia/Oceania, the Americas and Europe.
Hosokawa Micron Group
- Hosokawa Micron Ltd is a member of the Hosokawa Micron Group, a world leader in providing process solutions in the fields of powder and particle technology and blown film technology.
- The Hosokawa Micron Group is a publicly traded corporation, headquartered in Japan, with sales and technology facilities working with customers across six continents to develop processing solutions in a range of industrial sectors.
- The full global network of Hosokawa Micron companies, their knowledge, expertise and specialist technologies are an available resource for those processors seeking advice, processing innovation and inspired design to enable them to maintain the highest manufacturing standards and competitive advantage.
- From our UK base in Runcorn, Cheshire we provide a full testing, design, installation and commissioning service to a wide range of industries in UK, Eire and overseas. Hosokawa Micron Ltd is the worldwide agent for Hosokawa Micron Milling and Hosokawa Containment.
- Our engineering skills and latest production technologies ensure that the high level of performance of our machines, application of our extensive processing know-how and partnership approach to development of new technologies and processing solutions are in demand by small and large, blue chip companies alike.
- We are proud to offer customers a single source supply for integrated processing systems and component machinery to meet individual requirements and seek to set new standards in powder processing technologies that exceed expectations and deliver significant competitor advantage. Our philosophy is not just to offer a standard machine but to work alongside our customers and their engineering teams to provide value added solutions to processing problems.
- Hosokawa Micron Ltd Investor relations reports with annual report and financial summaries. Hosokawa Micron - Process Technologies for Tomorrow.
- Hosokawa Micron Ltd continues to build our reputation and success by adhering to the highest quality requirements in all its products and services.
- Our dedication to quality and good manufacturing practice is fully documented. We are committed to building not only the best equipment and systems but strong working relationships in partnership with customers and suppliers alike.
- The Hosokawa Powder Technology Research Institute (HPTRI) was founded in 1958 with a vision that differed from the traditional research departments of major companies at the time.
- While their main target was new product development, the ethos of HPTRI was contributing to the development of powder and particle technology through R&D works. The focus on innovative research into powder technology remains as we seek solutions to meet the increased demands of the market for higher quality powder processing in the fields of secondary battery, materials for electronic devices, toner, energy, environment, medicine and functional foods.
- At the heart of HPTRI is the R&D work that we undertake to develop advanced high-functional powder processing equipment and systems. We undertake R&D activities worldwide within each of the Hosokawa group companies with R&D themes discussed at the International R&D Meeting composed of the representatives of each member company.
- HPTRI continues, as the R&D centre of the whole Hosokawa Micron Group, uniting group companies and creating new technologies and products to meet customer needs for ‘future technology’.
The KONA Journal
- Published annually by the Hosokawa Powder Technology Foundation, the peer reviewed scientific journal contains a blend of scientific review and original research articles in the fields of powder and particle technology.
- The papers describe technological experiences and critical reviews of existing knowledge in the broad field of powder science with invited contributions from select research groups around the world on innovative applications of particle technology, including topics such as bio and nanotechnology.
- The KONA journal is available for FREE. Click on the Journal cover above to download.
International Nanomaterials Symposium
- A first of its kind, industry-academic meeting, to discuss the commercial collaboration opportunities of functional nanomaterials has laid the foundations for future global developments.
- Commencing 25 years ago, research into Nanotechnology is still very much in its infancy and open to a variety of different industry paths. By bringing together industry experts and leading academics, it is hoped a clearer route to the development of new functional materials can be mapped out.
- The event organised by Dr Tapas Sen, in collaboration with Hosokawa Micron Ltd and held at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston, attracted an international audience and diverse range of leading scientific speakers.
- Hosokawa Micron Ltd has a long and established record for its support of local business and social enterprises that help the local and regional community.
- Education Initiatives Hosokawa Micron Ltd is involved with a number of initiatives designed to support and encourage the education, training and development of your careers in engineering and technology. The company champions initiatives such as Engineering Your Future events which are designed to act as the catalyst for learning and the stimulus for a new STEM career path for many of today’s students.
- Training Engineers of the Future Our commitment to workplace apprenticeships and training resonates with our appreciation of the importance of developing the engineers of the future and our heritage role in pioneering engineering technology.
- Community Sport We welcome the opportunity to support and celebrate the success of amateur sport in the community with its capacity to help develop the sporting skills of young people, challenge their perceptions and capabilities and build valuable friendships and are regular supporters of a local rugby club.