Hosokawa Micron’s purpose built Innovation Centre offers unique opportunities to test equipment, processes and systems in a controlled and convenient environment within the heart of our operations.
From concept through to feasibility studies and product trials Hosokawa Micron engineers will work discreetly with your in-house engineering team to achieve the optimal results for your company.
The Innovation Centre incorporates a wide range of Hosokawa Micron and ancillary equipment which can be organised into unified in line processes to suit your research and development requirements. This facility enables customers to find the optimum system design and helps determine individual equipment specification of both pilot and full scale plant.
As the route to market becomes more complex, time scales contracted and development costs increased, our customers can benefit by working in partnership with our experienced engineers.
What we offer:
- Experienced test and process engineers in the Innovation Centre manage each individual trial/test to ensure your requirements are met in full
- Full documentation to support the tests
- Advice and recommendations on how best to implement individual technologies to your advantage
- An opportunity to see the latest equipment and technology and evaluate the potential production advantages in the manufacture of powders, granules, agglomerates etc.
- All test work is supported by our in-house laboratory analysis services
With over 40 systems and individual powder processing machines we are able to offer the following technologies, equipment and variable production capacities:
- We have machines which cover the particle size range from several millimetres down to a few microns as well as facilities for cryogenic milling and operation under inert atmospheres.
- Covered by a range of equipment from lab size to production scale plant such as the Alpine 200 ATP and 100/140 MZM zig zag air classifier.
- This technology is represented by various units including machines with air cleaning and ultrasonic devices for difficult to screen materials.
- Our test mixers include a Vrieco-Nauta 300 litre unit and a 200 litre mixer for batch mixing trials.
Laboratory Analytical Services
- Our in house laboratory provides analytical services for those customers who do not have their own equipment or facilities or who wish to further benefit from Hosokawa Micron Ltd’s extensive expertise in particulate materials and optimum processing methodology. The laboratory is equipped to undertake various measuring and analytical test procedures for the determination of powder properties such as flow characterisation and particle size analysis.
As well as equipment from Hosokawa’s own powder analysis portfolio; the Alpine Air Jet Sieve and Hosokawa Powder Characteristics Tester the laboratory is equipped with other OEM instrumentation to provide a full range of analytical techniques for the research of powder behaviour, size distribution and characteristics.
For more information about our range of specialist Innovation Centre services, get in touch today.