Ultraplex UPZ Fine Impact MillEMAIL US
The Ultraplex UPZ Fine Impact Mill is a versatile but simple to operate size reduction system with exchangeable grinding elements.
This impact mill’s versatility comes from the easily interchangeable milling elements, making the machine adaptable to suit a wide variety of feed materials.
Ultraplex UPZ Mills can be equipped as pin mills without a sieve, with one rotating pin disc and one stationary one. They can also be equipped as a beater mill with a beater disc, swing, or plate beater unit, for operation with grinding tracks or sieves. The overall result is a host of practice-oriented and perfectly coordinated equipment combinations.
In short, the Alpine Ultraplex UPZ Fine Impact Mill can be tailored to match the individual requirements of every customer. The versatility of different available milling elements fulfils a wide variety of demands on the end-product, for example:
- High fineness with sharp top cut
- Products that are low in fines with good flow properties
- Production of powders with a high bulk density
- Production of powders with a high mass fraction within a defined particle size range
The UPZ impact mill is used in many branches of industry (particularly chemicals, food, animal feed, and pharmaceuticals) for a wide variety of applications. Its versatility can be summarised as follows:
- Beater disc, pin discs, swing beaters and plate beaters, sieves and grinding tracks
- End-product fineness in the range 50 µm to approx. 5 mm, depending on the grinding equipment installed
- Generously dimensioned mill door for easy cleaning and exchange of grinding elements
- Cast housing with standard discharge available up to machine size 1000 UPZ
- Welded housing with either standard or tangential discharge in mild steel or stainless steel (e.g. 1.4541, 1.4571, 1.4404) for all machine sizes
- Explosion-pressure-shock-proof design for a maximum explosion overpressure of 10 bar (g) with type test as defined in the ATEX Directive 94/9/EC
- Application-specific pharma designs, i.e. polished, monobloc, SIP/CIP, isolator integration
- Connection flange order-specific
- Bearing unit protected against dust by rinsing air (automatic air intake or forced rinsing)
- Bearing unit with special sealing rings, gas-tight design also possible
- Bearing unit permanently lubricated or designed for relubrication
- Safety interlock
- Optional wear-protection elements
- Grinding track ejector optional