The Alpine picojet ® is a fluidised bed opposed jet mill with integrated classifier for the contamination-free dry ultrafine milling of soft to hard materials.
- For the ultrafine comminution of materials with a Mohs’ hardness of up to 10
- Produces powders with a steep particle size distribution and sharp top cut in the range 2 µm — 120 µm.
The grinding energy in the form of highly accelerated air jets enters the mill via several nozzles. The feed material is dosed into the grinding chamber and is fluidised by the air jets. The particles are accelerated in the air jets which intersect at the focal point. Comminution is a result of the particles impacting in the focal point and of shear flows in the peripheral zone of the air jets.
The grinding air then flows through the classifying wheel located in the mill head and the product is classified. Fine particles exit the mill through the classifying wheel entrained in the air and are collected in a filter. Coarser particles fall back into the fluidised bed and are comminuted further until they have reached the desired fineness. The fineness is set as a function of the air flow rate, the grinding air pressure and the classifying wheel speed.
- Operation with compressed air and/or inert gas
- Either batch or continuous operation
- Material feed from above at the classifier head
- Nozzles integrated into the housing insert
- Mill and classifier housing easy to separate by means of a clamp connection
- Classifying wheel gap and motor bearing rinsed with gas
- Classifying wheel gap easy to adjust
- Grinding and rinsing air supplied through the platform adapter (no tubes)
Please contact for more details:
+44 (0) 1928 755100