Contraplex Pin Mills, C & CWEMAIL US
Alpine Contraplex Pin Mills typically deliver high grinding fineness in the range 10 – 500µm, especially with brittle and crystalline materials. The Contraplex CW wide-chamber housing prevents coating formation, build up and thus blockages in the machine and is especially suited for moist, oily, fatty or hygroscopic products.
With the Contraplex pin mill, both pin discs are driven and rotate in opposite directions, making high relative speeds possible. Their robust drive delivers energy efficient operation.
The following industry areas are relevant for Contraplex mills:
- Minerals powders: calcium carbonate, fillers, calcium hydroxide. Coating of fillers with stearic acid, silane, etc.
- Pharmaceutical: vitamins, pharmaceutical auxiliaries
- Food: fatty proteins, spices (nutmeg, cloves, pepper, etc). Disintegration of powders for protein shifting, corn starch, lactose, cacao, fish meal
- Chemicals: fine grinding of plastics (e.g. TPU, PA), pesticides, hydrotalcite, pigments (e.g. ultramarine), carboxymethylcellulose (CMC)
- Recycling: fine grinding of rubber
- Welded housing with either standard or tangential discharge
- Mild steel or stainless steel (e.g. 1.4541, 1.4571, 1.4404) for all machine sizes.
- Pin discs and pins made of special steel
- Cast housing with standard discharge available for machine sizes 250 to 630
- Bearing unit protected against dust by air rinsing (automatic air intake or forced rinsing)
- Bearing unit permanently lubricated or designed for re-lubrication
- Safety interlock
- Pharma design
- Explosion-pressure-shock-proof design for a maximum explosion overpressure of 10 bar (g) with type test as defined in the ATEX Directive 94/9/EC
- Wear-proof pins