AWM Table Roller MillEMAIL US
Alpine Table Roller Mills operate in accordance with the principle of pressure comminution, making them suitable for brittle but elastic feed products to deliver end-product fineness values of between approx. 10 µm and 100 µm.
The product is subjected to compressive stress between the grinding table and the grinding rollers. The specific grinding force (contact force divided by the cross-sectional area of the grinding roller) is in the range between approx. 0.5 and 1 N/mm², whereby the effective pressures in the material bed are naturally much higher. The grinding table is set into rotation by a motor and suitable gear unit, peripheral speeds of between 2 and 6 m/s are used.
A fundamental feature of Alpine’s Table Roller Mill is the optimised kinematics of the grinding rollers and grinding table to permit the production of large amounts of fines. In combination with a Turboplex ultrafine classifier ATP, this now makes it possible to manufacture end products with a Table Roller Mill that have a fineness of d97 = 10 µm.
Table Roller Mills are robust and time-proven mills for soft to medium-hard mineral raw materials and industrial bulk materials. The advantages are the simple fineness adjustment and fast product change. Table Roller Mills are used wherever a high degree of production flexibility is demanded, typically for:
- Petroleum coke
- Quick lime
- Grinding roller liners and grinding table made of special wearproof castings
- Conical grinding rollers, hydraulic positioning mechanism
- Turboplex ultrafine classifier integrated into top section of mill
- Hardfaced plates as wear protection in the mill and classifier housing
- Design for hot-gas mode to dry the product
- Discharge of coarse material via a discharge screw